Welcome to the Finches Queensland website!
We are a charitable non-government organisation undertaking research to aid the conservation of Queensland finches and their habitat. There are 18 species or subspecies of native finches in Queensland, at least four of which are threatened, and some others are in decline.
HELP SECURE THE FUTURE OF OUR THREATENED FINCHES!
Your support will allow us to:
- Undertake field studies of finches - particularly threatened species - to identify population hotspots, suitable habitat, associations and feeding and breeding requirements
- Assess threats to finches including fromferal animals and weeds
- Work with landowners, managers and associations to promote ideal land management such as highlighting fire regimes that appear to be working well in sustaining finch populations locally
- Contribute to management plans and recovery plans that will assist threatened and non-threatened finches
- Provide advice for monitoring finch populations
- Promote conservation of finches and their habitat generally through education and awareness raising